Wednesday 26 February 2014

Sound Quality of the Yamaha LS9-32 internal recording

I was going thru some of the songs in my iTunes library and I found these recording that I've done using a Yamaha LS9-32 mixer. I was working on a small Jazz Concert in June 2013 and I felt that the overall quality of the recorded stereo mix was quite good.

It was a 7 piece band, lead by Mia Palencia (vocals) and her band consist of a pianist/keyboardist, a bassist, a drummer and 3 piece brass section played live at KuAsh TTDI.

I edited the length of each songs and did some mastering to make it louder for our "normal" listening standard, I must say that recorded level was quite low to be played with a normal player.

Other than that, it was pretty good for a live recording.

Have a listen, tell me what do you think!

https://soundcloud.com/chuang-nian-tze/sets/mia-palencia-in-good-company?fb_action_ids=10151842937990378&fb_action_types=soundcloud%3Apublish&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

2 comments: